Posted on 2nd Jul 2012 @ 3:53 AM
Red R4i team released new r4i sdhc v1.59b kernel for R4i SDHC flashcard on June 30th. It fixed the compatibility problem between R4i SDHC 3DS card and 3DS V4.2.0-9 system. By loading the V1.59b firmware, the R4i SDHC 3DS card directly work on 3DS V4.2.0-9 E/U/J console, no need any upgrade. (if your R4i SDHC 3DS card is old version, which is released before June 30th, you need to upgrade the r4i sdhc card in a ds or dsi console). R4i SDHC Kernel Download
1. Support 3DS V4.2.0-9 system upgrade (Only for R4i SDHC 3DS card).
2. Solved games:
6045 - Pocket Monsters White 2 (JP)
6044 - Pocket Monsters Black 2 (JP)
6041 - Pokemon Conquest (US)
5546 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Mini-Land Mayhem! (EU)
5408 - Touchmaster 4 : Connect (EU)
5396 - Phineas and Ferb: Ride Again (EU)
5395 - Imagine: Fashion Paradise (EU)
5394 - Camp Rock: The Final Jam (EU)
5364 - Tron Evolution (EU)
5340 - iCarly 2 - iJoin the Click! (EU)
5339 - The Penguins of Madagascar(EU)
5338 - New Carnival Games (US)
5337 - New Carnival Games (US)
5312 - ZhuZhu Pets: Featuring The Wild Bunch (EU)
5228 - The Last Airbender (EU)
5214 - Grease: The Official Video Game (EU)
5017 - Toy Story 3 (EU)
5016 - Shrek Forever After (EU)
1. Download latest R4i SDHC V1.59b Patch to your computer.
2. Unzip the patch into 4 files: "moonmemo", "moonshl2", "R4iMenu" and "r4.dat".
3. Copy the 4 files to the root directory of the MicroSDHC card, cover old files automatically.
4. Insert the MicroSD card to R4i SDHC 3DS card, and put r4 card to N3DS console, power on.
Then the kernel in the MicroSD card is already R4i SDHC V1.59b now.
New R4i SDHC 3DS card can directly work on 3DS V4.2.0-9 system by loading the latest r4i 3ds V1.59b kernel. But for old r4i sdhc 3ds card which was released before June 30th, users need to use a ds lite or dsi console to upgrade the card, then it can work on 3DS V4.2.0-9 console. below is the upgrade steps:
1. Download latest r4i 3ds V1.59b firmware from mentioned page, and install it to the MicroSD card.
2. Find a DS or DSi console, put the R4i SDHC 3DS card with MicroSD into the Ds or DSi console.
3. Power on the console to enter the R4i main menu, as below picture:
4. Choose the third button and click, you can enter next steps as below:
5. Press the "upgrade" button, you will enter the next steps as below:
6. Click "start" button to start the upgrade process.
7. Wait about 2 minutes, the upgrade process finish.
* Warnning: While upgrading, please keep the power on. Power off will cause damage to the R4i SDHC card.