Posted on 14th Aug 2011 @ 8:21 AM
R4i SDHC and R4i SDHC 3DS card are famous flashcard made by r4i-sdhc.com. The latest R4i SDHC 3DS card can work straightly on Nintendo 3DS V2.1.0-4U and DSi V1.4.3 console. How ever, old R4i SDHC 3DS card which released before August 3rd need to be upgraded for DSi V1.4.3 and 3DS V2.1.0-4U. Now, we will guide how to upgrade it.
To upgrade the R4i SDHC 3DS card, you need to arrange below accessories:
* 1 X R4i SDHC 3DS card
* 1 X USB reader
* 1 X Nintendo DS or DS lite, or DSi (should be V1.4.3 below version).
Youtube watch R4i SDHC Upgrade online video!
1. Download and install the latest R4i 3DS V1.43b kernel to the TF card.
A. Download R4i 3DS V1.43b to the computer.
B. Unzip the patch, you can get 4 files: "moonmemo", "moonshl2", "R4iMenu' and "r4.dat".
C. Connect the TF card to compueter, through a USB reader, and format the TF card.
D. Copy the 4 files to the root directory of the TF card.
2. Insert the TF card to the R4i SDHC 3DS card, and put the R4i card to DS/DSi console.
3. Power on the console to enter the R4i SDHC main menu, as below picture:
4. Choose the third button and click, you can enter next steps as below:
5. Press the "upgrade" button, you will enter the next steps as below:
6. Press "start" button to start the upgrade process.
7. Wait about 2 minutes, the upgrade finish.
* Warnning: While upgrading, please keep the power on. Power off will cause damage to the R4i SDHC card.
The R4i SDHC (none 3DS) card upgrade process is totall same as R4i SDHC 3DS card. Just replace the R4i 3DS V1.43b kernel with R4i SDHC V1.43b.